Let me get to the point:
1. Left 4 Dead 2 is nothing but a rip-off of most survival horror games (most importantly, of Left 4 Dead). When you've gone through enough games with rampaging undead/infected people and shoot or hack your way through, you have to stop at one point in time and ask yourself: "Is this all there is in life?"
2. The plot sucks- wait a minute- there is no plot. A lot of people have been arguing that the beauty lies right there. I say, unless Left 4 Dead 2 is able to come up with some sort of story, then it'll be nothing more than a senseless shoot 'em up/ hack-and-slash with no point at all.
3. The characters suck. Well, okay, I just thought that they should not have had replaced Zoey. I mean, let's face it, Zoey is one of the hottest characters that hit the gaming world. Why? Because her simplicity suggests a hidden sexual beast (Or I'm probably just in to chicks with guns and bloodlust). The new special infected also suck because theyr'e rip-off of the first 4 special infected. The Charger is a big guy with a big-ass right hand that, well, charges at a survivor to some distance and just whacks him up and down like he was masturbating. The Jockey is some freak that likes taking piggy back rides on survivors. The Acid spitter, well, spits acid and makes a murky bog for survivors to step on and get their health damaged.
4. The melee system is pointless. It just drives gamers to hack and slash their way to hordes of zombies and special infected. I just don't get it. The inclusion of a samurai, a chainsaw and the dreaded frying pan makes the game a screw-up. I mean, really, come on. Who would bring a frying pan to whack the undead back to hell?
5. The games developers must be really sucking in some big money this time. Why would I pay for something that I can get off the 1st game? Left 4 Dead is cool enough with totally likeable characters and an urban setting fit for zombie owning and tank-slaying. I think it's awful that big-ass corporations have to resort to this in order to gain more buck. I miss the old days of gaming where everything is simple. Kill or die.
I hope they don't sell episodic versions of the series- wait a minute- there are no episodes. I remember, there is no plot.
But I guess that the corporate world does run in this way and we absolutely have no way of changing it. Talk about a zombie apocalypse..
I wish Zoey was there.
Left 4 Dead 2 hits the stores on November 17, 2009.
Ready your frying pans!